Saturday, December 15, 2012

White Chicken Chili

We're getting married next October and recently registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a handful of kitchen items.  I'm excited for all of them (new pots and pans, silverware, the works) but perhaps what I was most excited for was a crockpot.  I'm not really sure why.  We never used one much as I was growing up.  But as I've started cooking more I've come across so many great crockpot recipes I wanted to try.

An early Christmas present came in the mail yesterday....my mom did a little registry shopping and she picked right...a crockpot!

Today was the perfect day to try it out.  I was studying for finals all day and going to be around to monitor my first recipe. 

I started off with this white chicken chili.  Just as easy as a crockpot was supposed to be.  Tossed all the ingredients in.  8 hours later we had a great chili.  It was pretty easy as far as recipes go.  Maybe a little heavy on the taco seasoning.  I feel like it could have used some more original spices.  Something spicy too.  I put in two small jars of green chiles as the recipe suggested - but i'd add something more next time.

In any case, I love the crockpot.  Can't wait to try something else soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment