Friday, December 7, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Salmon Kabobs

It's been a busy past week with school, clinical and work.  Unfortunately in my exhaustion, I reverted back to my single days of simple pasta for dinner a couple (2? 3?) nights in a row. (It's easy, quick, and I <3 carbs!)  Poor Oakley finally said, "It was a good run, but I think we need to lay off the carbs."  Fine, sigh.....

I had some time this afternoon and finally tried to get back to cooking some new and delicious (and maybe even healthier) things.  I think this was a pretty good start!

Now, it says kabobs.  Unfortunately, we had no kabob sticks....and neither did the grocery store.  (I live  in NYC...how does the grocery store not carry kabob sticks!)  Anyways, I just put in in the broiler on foil covered pan and then served it over rice.  It worked fine.  The taste is a little different, definitely spicy and sweet.  But we liked it.  And it was healthy!

I didn't love the texture of  the cherry tomatoes after 6 minutes in the broiler.  Kinda soft and squishy.  I might substitue those for something else next time.

Sweet and Spicy Salmon Kabobs


No comments:

Post a Comment