Monday, December 10, 2012

Hamburger Stroganoff

This was one of my absolute favorite dishes as a kid.  We got to pick what we wanted my mom to make for dinner on our birthdays and I'm pretty sure I always picked this (or tacos).  Delicious, simple, good comfort food.  Pair it with a vegetable and you can't go wrong.

Here's the recipe I follow:


1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. dairy sour cream
2 c. hot cooked noodles
8 oz. mushroom pieces (optional - but highly recommended)

In large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off most of fat.
Stir in onions and butter and continue browning until
onion is tender. Stir in flour, garlic salt, pepper, and
mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Stir in soup. Simmer uncovered 10
minutes. Stir in sour cream. Heat through. Serve over
noodles. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment