Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bite Size Apple Pies

One of my biggest problems in cooking dessert is that I'm often only cooking for Oakley and I.  Sure, I could bring treats to work, or to friends.  Often this stuff doesn't transport very well.  And more often I have plans to bring it to work but we eat too much of it before that happens.  And God knows I don't need all this dessert.

So, along came this recipe for bite sized apple pies.  I halved the recipe and came out with 7 (should have been 8 but one suffered an untimely death on the kitchen floor prior to making it into the oven) cute apple pies.

Bite Size Apple Pies


These were really easy to make.  Like the original blogger I didn't know whether to leave the peel on or take it off so I did some of each.  I think I preferred the ones that were peeled, though both were great.  I used a pre made refrigerated crust since it's what I could find at my grocery store.  Next time I would let it bake a little longer since the apples weren't quite as soft as I would like.

We had three leftover that I put in tupperware overnight.  Popped them in the microwave and they weren't too bad as leftovers either.

A little vanilla ice cream makes this a great dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment