Sunday, March 3, 2013

Black Bean & Quinoa Veggie Burgers

I've made a couple variations of burgers such as this in the past.  This time, I had some quinoa on hand, and was looking for something with a little extra protein.  This is a good one....however, most of the flavor comes from the yogurt sauce.  I added avocado to our burgers, cause why not?  Next time I'd add some more adobo peppers for a little more spice and probably some more quinoa too.  I used the suggested amount and didn't really even notice it - or the oats.  (I also used regular flour - not oat flour).  I think these stayed together slightly better than versions I've made in the past...probably because of the flour?  I didn't refrigerate these patties prior to cooking, since I didn't think ahead that far.  That might have helped them stay together better too.

Black Bean & Quinoa Veggie Burgers


No comments:

Post a Comment