Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sweet Potato Burger with garlic cream and avocado

In the last year or so I've tried to become a better cook.  Growing up I never did much work in the kitchen and my dinners for one generally consisted of pasta or something "easy".  I never had cooked much meat and was basically afraid of anything except for the very occasional chicken breast.

When I met my now-fiance Oakley I tried to fake the ability to cook for awhile.  He quickly realized it was all a scam, and now loves the story about how I was burning pans for the first few years of our relationship.

A year or so ago I found Pinterest and besides using it for wedding planning, I've found it an amazing source for recipes.  I've tried a bit of everything in the last year, and realized that I'm actually an okay cook.  I can follow a recipe pretty well and am starting to gain some confidence to even try a few things on my own.

I remarked to Oakley that since I'd made so many things I found on Pinterest I wanted to be able to chronicle what I made and what we thought of it.  And so began this blog.....

A long Saturday of studying led us to big plans for a relaxing evening in, complete with a delicious dinner.  Scouring my Pinterest page for what to make I landed on this:

Sweet potato burger with garlic cream and avocado.



I'd made burgers similar to this in the past - it's a relatively easy, meat-free, dinner.  The longest part of this was roasting the garlic.  But it's easy, and had I read it first and prepared a bit I could have just put it in earlier while I was finishing up other stuff.

Our review:
Good taste.  Perhaps add a bit extra bread crumbs.  Personally, I wish I could get them a little bit crispier....but I would make them again and that's what I would aim for next time.


1 comment: