Sunday, October 28, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup with Pumpkin Butter

Fall is definitely in the air (and Hurricane Sandy....).  It's the perfect time for a delicious warm soup.  This one was a hit.

Butternut Squash Soup with Pumpkin Butter


I made it a little bit on the thick side and included a generous helping of pumpkin butter I had made from scratch.  I'd never made pumpkin butter before so I decided to start with a nice easy simple recipe. This is the one I found and decided to use -- simple, easy, good.


I didn't get as much butternut squash out of it as I should have.  Really only 2-3 servings of soup.  I think it could have used some more time in the oven to soften more and then be more usable.  Plus, I used only about 1 cup of chicken stock.  I used skim milk, and though I'm sure half and half would have been more delicious I decided to try to keep it a little healthier.  

Good recipe, will make more next time.  It'd be a great meal to have on hand for a lazy sunday or late weeknight!

No comments:

Post a Comment