Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes

We're big breakfast people.  But, weekdays I get up too early, and I love my sleep.  So cereal is the weekday go-to.

However, at least once a weekend, when we're in town, we'll do a nice breakfast.  Pancakes, french toast, breakfast burritos....they're all delicious.

Here's our newest try:
Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes


I liked these because they were a bit healthier than some of our normal options.  I used vanilla protein powder and instant oatmeal.  Both worked fine.  I left out the Stevia - the protein powder was already sweet enough for us.  Plus, I knew we would be adding syrup.

Our review:
I liked the taste.  But they didn't cook like I would have liked.  I knew they would end up thin but they also didn't seem to cook enough.  The egg is really the only ingredient to cook and that didn't lead to a fully cooked pancake.  Still good, just not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment